For a full list of our quality boxes and other supplies, see our packing supplies.
If you’d like our professional packers to pack for you, we offer a complete packing service. For details, go to our packing service page.
If you’re packing yourself, make it easier by starting at least 2 months before your moving day. You’ll also save your removalists time if you use a streamlined set of boxes for quick and easy stacking, plus the right boxes for your items. For example:
- Use book/wine cartons for your books, CDS, smaller items, glasses, crockery and fragile pieces.
- The standard tea chest carton suits larger items such as pots and pans, linen, appliances and toys.
- Documents and folders need to be packed into archive cartons.
- Picture cartons are best for frames, prints and canvasses.
Keep in mind that precious time will be wasted if your boxes are too heavy.
How to pack your boxes:
- Place heavier items at the bottom, lighter items near the top.
- Line each box at the bottom and sides with a layer of crushed newspaper.
- Wrap each item in wrapping paper, this will protect them from newspaper print.
- Put a layer of crushed newspaper between your items.
- Finish with a layer of crushed newspaper.
- Wrap bubble wrap around any delicate items such as pottery and bowls.
- Seal the bottom and top of your box securely with packing tape.
- Make sure your items fit snugly, so they won’t move around.
- Label each box clearly with its destination room and contents.
- Empty wardrobes and drawers. Don’t tape the drawers.
- Tie loose items together such as mops, garden tools and brooms to save time.
- We’ll handle flat glass items such as paintings, table tops and plate glass for you. Don’t pack them into boxes.
- Attach keys and small accessories in a bag to their item.
- Tape cords to appliances, or put all cords into one box.
If you have a query on how to pack, call our friendly consultants on 1300 886 625.